More about me
In this post, I am covering how to embed video to WordPress from YouTube and Facebook.
Video is quickly becoming one of the most popular forms of online content. In fact, online video is expected to make up more than 82% of all online consumer traffic.
People spend 2.6x as much time on pages with video as they do on pages without, so if you have done Facebook lives or created YouTube videos related to the content on your blog, then you want to start adding it to your blog posts as soon as possible!
When you embed a video onto your blog, you are hosting a video at another location and embedding/inserting code or a link onto your site.
Uploading, on the other hand, is when you take a video file and upload it directly onto your web hosting account.
There are a few reasons why you want to embed your video onto your blog instead of uploading it.
1. Uploading a video directly to your hosting account takes up a lot of space on your server which can really slow down the load speed of your site.
2. When you embed video onto your blog from YouTube or Facebook your videos are still being stored on YouTube and Facebook. This means they are going to play faster and they’re going to have better quality because it’s coming directly from the original source.
3. If you are using YouTube, the platform is also going to do a better job at making your video optimized for online viewing.
4. Embedding video from its original platform is also going to make it easier to be shared and found.
These are the main reasons why I’m teaching you to embed your videos instead of uploading them. Now that we’re clear on that, let’s get into how to embed video from YouTube and Facebook.
2. Next, click the share button under the video and a menu will pop up with different share options.
3. If you’re writing your blog post in the default Gutenberg editor you will want to hit the Copy button to copy the link. If you are posting a video within a page builder like Elementor or Divi you will likely need to click the Embed button. (See video above for step-by-step instructions starting at 4 minutes and 56 seconds.)
4. From there, locate the exact spot within your post or page that you want your video to appear, then select your Embed block (Gutenberg) and paste in your link. The video will appear. If you are using a page builder you will either choose the Code or HTML widget within your builder and paste the embed code in. On the back end, you will only see the code, but once you click save and select preview, you will see how it will look. (See video above for specifics)
Bonus Tip: Want to center your video? Add this: <center> at the very beginning of the code and this: </center> at the very end.
If you are going live on your business Facebook page or have done Facebook live swaps, interviews or workshops with another person, you can add these videos into any of your posts.
1. First, go to the Facebook business page where your video is posted and click on it.
2. There will be a gray circle with three little dots on the right-hand side. Click on that and choose Embed.
3. From here a code will come up that you’re going to copy. Then you’re going to go back and locate the exact spot within your post or page that you want your Facebook video to appear.
4. If you are using the Gutenberg editor, you are then going to insert an HTML block and paste the code here. (For Facebook videos, copying the link and using the embed block won’t work as it does with YouTube) If you are using a page builder, you will add the code the same way as with the YouTube instructions above – Choose the Code or HTML widget within your builder and paste the embed code in.
5. On the back end, you will only see the code, but once you click save and select preview, you will see how it will look. You may need to resize the video a bit. (See video above for specifics starting on resizing at 9 minutes and 50 seconds into the video.)
Embedding videos on your site is a great way to increase interaction and view time, as well as a wonderful way to repurpose content and grow your audience’s know, like, and trust factor with you!
I hope this gives you the confidence to try it out for yourself.
Copyright © 2023 Website by Maureen, Creating An Impact, LLC All rights reserved
Copyright © 2023
Website by Maureen, Creating An Impact, LLC All rights reserved
Terms & Conditions |